Invisalign is a specific brand of clear aligners that uses clear thermoplastic materials that when worn are virtually invisible. It is used to correct teeth imperfections such as malocclusions without the hassle of metal brackets, wires, and rubber bands.
The popularity of Invisalign has been steadily increasing over the years, and that is because of its benefits and advantages over conventional orthodontic treatments.
Here at West SoHo Dentistry, we offer Invisalign to make teeth straighter in no time without compromising comfort and convenience.
Invisalign is one of the most popular orthodontic treatment today in the dental industry. If you are considering Invisalign, you should read these awesome facts that will surely encourage you to undergo an Invisalign treatment immediately!
Awesome Facts about Invisalign
- Zia Chishti, one of the founder and inventor of Invisalign had metal braces when he was a student at Stanford. When his braces were removed and replaced with a retainer, he realized that retainers work the same way as metal braces except that it is removable. That’s when he decided to create an alternative to metal braces in the form of Invisalign. Align Technology was founded by the year 1997, and Invisalign was made available to the public in 2000.
- Believe it or not, Invisalign is also popular among celebrities! Some of the stars that used the treatment are Justin Bieber, Oprah Winfrey, Serena Williams, Khloe Kardashian and many others. As a celebrity, it is essential to have a perfect set of teeth that is always camera ready, and that is thanks to Invisalign!
- Straighter teeth can lead to healthy oral and digestive health. Crowded teeth prove to be harder to clean even with the use of a thin and soft-bristled toothbrush or floss. With straight teeth, it is easier to clean around the mouth to prevent any dental complications including gum disease. The break down of foods from the mouth is an essential part of proper digestion; it makes sure that the body receives the proper nutrition they need for better health.
- Since there are no metal brackets and wires with Invisalign, many prefer to use this because it is convenient and comfortable to wear. There is only minimal discomfort since adjustments are not necessary for the treatment.
- It is an ideal treatment for teens and adults alike since nowadays it is essential to have straighter and healthier looking teeth. The treatment is more comfortable, convenient, and discreet compared to other orthodontic procedures making it a more popular solution for correcting teeth malocclusions.
The road to a straighter, healthier mouth begins with an orthodontist appointment. If you’re looking for Invisalign in New York, NY, contact us at West SoHo Dentistry and schedule an appointment. We will make sure to answer any other questions you might have.